...are a legal requirement for business!
So, these terms are set out to define the relationship between me (the website creator/vendor/service provider) and you (the person reading this)... if you're here using the site then you agree to our relationship being bound by these terms because, heck, that's just how it works.
1) This is a platonic relationship, I assure you.
2) This is MY website, punk. I own everything here: The pictures, the letters, the words those letters make, the numbers too. I own the graphics, the design, the ideas, the videos, this smiley -> :) Yeah. All of it. Property of Ben Blowers. Remember that.
If you want anything you can ask for it. I might sell you some stuff, I might tell you some stuff, I might show you my stuff. It is what it is. Here you are reading this so apparently you're ok with that.
3) You may use this website, however; some laws, countries, governments and other trumped-up groups of folk with an inflated opinion of themselves might not allow it - so check with your local authoritarians. I don't care where you point your browser, or have a problem with you gracing my pages, but they might - apparently - in which case you may not use the site.
4) Buying things off the site. If you purchase anything, (i) you agree that you've read all the info pertaining to that thing and have a pretty good notion of what that thing is before you buy it (ii) you agree that when you buy that thing and complete the payment for the thing through the checkout (or by other means), then you enter a legally binding contract committing you to buying the thing.
The prices listed on the site are accurate as far as I'm aware but obviously these might change over time and, as captain of this ship, I have command over the prices. More info about pricing is available wherever I deem it necessary; go hunt for it, matey.
5) You may also return some of the stuff you buy for a refund (within reason). Have a look at the shipping & returns bit for info. There is some stuff you can't return for a refund though; I can't refund you your dignity if you order the wrong shims and blow up your engine, for example.
6) I might change things, stop selling things, sell new things, expand my services, retract offers, make new offers, shake this place up. That includes these terms. Hey, I'm not gonna ask your permission to make changes around here and there's nothing you can do about it! Har har.
7) Everything is offered without warranty, except where there is a warranty. (There isn't). No guarantees either. With that said, I am pretty reasonable and I do actually want to do you right; so, like, we can work it out on a per-case basis and be all diplomatic and shit.. you have my email. Some manufacturers do have their own policies for the products I sell on their behalf, in which case I'll try to honour those policies on your behalf - it's up to those manufacturers to comply at the end of the day. I recommend buying the right stuff and using it properly, that way we can avoid an issue in the first place. It's cool though, no worries. Again, you have my email if you have any problems.
8) Just in case you forgot: I own everything here. I have all the rights. Not you, sorry. Here's the formal scoop:
The Service (website) and all materials therein or transferred thereby, including, without limitation, software, images, text, graphics, logos, patents, trademarks, service marks, copyrights, photographs, audio, videos, music and all Intellectual Property Rights related thereto, are the exclusive property of Benjamin Blowers. Except as explicitly provided herein, nothing in these Terms shall be deemed to create a license in or under any such Intellectual Property Rights, and you agree not to sell, license, rent, modify, distribute, copy, reproduce, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, publish, adapt, edit or create derivative works thereof.
9) Please don't come to me for my time & advice with the prospect of a sale and then buy all those parts & services from someone else.
It makes me sad.
10) And finally: I provide help, advice, support, consultation and everything else here in good faith. If it breaks down on you, breaks you, breaks other people's stuff or breaks other people then I'm very sorry but I don't accept liability and you may not hold me randsom - Use common sense, verify your work, correct any mistakes, don't copy my mistakes. You are master of your own destiny.
I have no interest invading your personal privacy & harvesting data, or organs, to buy my food/rent/car parts.
We do not accept kidneys nor sexual favours.
If you contact me through the site using the enquiries form, I recieve your email address and whatever name you put in the box - This is so I can write back to you and that's all.
When you purchase something, I receive your address and contact info for the purpose of shipping the goods to you - If it's something I physically have in stock then I'll put those details on the postage label and ship it out to you myself. If it's something the distributor or manufacturer has in stock then I'll communicate those details to that manufacturer or distributor for the purpose of shipping the order directly to you, ONLY. That's all your details get used for.
Online payments are processed securely by either PayPal or the integrated service provided by Wix, using their processors: Adyen and Stripe - these guys have their own privacy policies if you care to read them. Gosh this is a can of worms.
I don't receive or handle your payment information - only shipping details.
I don't knowingly place tracking cookies or anything malicious on your browser. Naturally there are cookies associated with the site for it to function properly but that's about it. As far as I'm aware: No advertisers, no targeting stuff; no junk, flab or baggage.
I'm here just to do what I do and what you see is what you get.
Obviously this legal stuff is not where my interests lie, so hopefully I've covered all the bases here. Please get in touch if you feel there's anything I need to clarify: email@example.com
Ben Blowers, C1 Autoworks.